Monday, August 18, 2008

Apricot Lentil Soup

I just tried this new recipe tonight that I must share because it is just scrumptious! It is called Apricot Lentil Soup. I know it sounds strange but it tastes delicious - sort of a morracan flavor.

Ingredients:

3 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves, garlic, minced
1/3 C dried apricots
1 1/2 C dried red lentils
5 C chicken stock - I used the McKay's vegetarian seasoning
3 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
salt to taste
2 Tb fresh lemon juice

Saute onion, garlic, and apricots in olive oil. Add lentils and stock. Bring to a boil. then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and season with cumin, thyme, and salt to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Puree 1/2 of the soup in a blender, then return to the pot. Serve. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Love Blooms

Love Blooms
In Grandma's Garden

Welcome Friends & Family

Welcome to the Gardner Gang blog. Several friends of mine have done these and I finally decided to do one as well. I hope to preserve many family memories and make them available to share with all of you.

About Me

I'm a stay at home mom who loves being with my husband and kids out in the country.

Gardner Family "Remember When" List

  • Wyatt wanted to be a firefighter when he grew up - I just found several of the children's books on firefighting that he collected over the years.
  • Sierra called pillows "po-po's" and carried them all over the house.
  • Logan used to call Jesus "Gigi" and Haystacks, "haysnacks".
  • Logan used the black and red dry eraser markers and decorated Daddy's office and two of the walls in the family room!
  • Logan heard the phone ring and said, "Mommy the phone is talking to you"
  • Logan put nails in Daddy's grill on his car and every 30 feet down the road he heard "plink, plink"!
  • Logan went to the bathroom on his potty chair and then promptly said, Now it's Sissy's turn!
  • Mom totally shocked us all by letting us get a kitty that we promptly named "Morning Star"
  • Sierra surprised us by demonstrating that she could climb to new heights and ended up on top of the dining room table
  • We were at Lay Advisory Retreat and Logan pulled the fire alarm and everyone thought that Mom had done it
  • We were leaving Camp Au Sable and Dad brushed the trees with the RV and Logan said "Sorry Trees, Sorry Trees!"
  • Dad backed up the RV into Aunt Lori's car and wrecked the bumper and didn't even hardly feel a thing in the RV!